How to Make Soft Vegan Biscuits
Mar 16, 2022
If you know me, you know that I have been vegan for a while now. But I still love all the foods that usually require dairy. That’s when I started my journey looking for the best recipes and substitutions for the foods we all love.
I came across this recipe for vegan biscuits and immediately wanted to get in the kitchen and try it out myself! They did not fail me! These were some of the best biscuits I’ve ever had. And they were 100% vegan! But the best part was how easy it was. I used no more than 6 ingredients, many of which I already had in my pantry.
If you’re committed to the vegan life or just dipping your toes in, here’s a recipe I use to make delicious and classic biscuits!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
2 cups of all purpose flour
½ cup and 2 tablespoons of almond milk (unsweetened)
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 stick of cold vegan butter
Here’s how I made them:
- I started by preheating my oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit.
- I grabbed two separate bowls for my wet and dry ingredients.
- In one bowl, I mixed my almond milk and lemon juice, then set that to the side. As you’re mixing it, you’ll notice that the consistency doesn’t exactly mix. That’s ok!
- Next, using my second bowl, I mixed my flour, baking powder and salt.
- After this is done, I grabbed a cheese grater and your cold butter. I began grating the cheese into my dry mixture. And using my fingers, I mixed the two together until I only had tiny clumps of butter left.
- From here, I combined my wet and dry ingredients by pouring my lemon mixture into the flour.
- I grabbed a wooden spoon and begin to mix. My new mixture was a crumbly dough which is completely fine.
- As we approach the finish line, I floured my surface and placed my dough down. I rolled it out until it was a rectangle and approx. ½ inch thick. You can eye it, as it doesn’t need to be perfect.
- After this, I cut my ½ thick rectangle in half and stacked the two halves on top of each other.
- I rolled it out into ½ inch thickness and cut it in half one last time, stacking the pieces. Then I rolled them out to ¾ inch thickness.
- Now for the fun part, I cut my biscuits. I used a biscuit cutter and only did up and down motions, careful not to twist the cutter.
- Finally, I placed them on a baking sheet and made sure they were touching. Then, I baked them for 10-12 minutes until it was golden on top.
12 minutes later, I had delicious, mouth watering biscuits without a drop of dairy! With recipe’s like this, eating vegan has never been easier. I am so excited to see what recipe catches my eye next.
Be sure to follow me HERE on tiktok to follow my vegan eats journey. I also post new recipes and vegan alternatives there!
Chat soon guys!
Recipe adapted from foodwithfeeling.